RCG Excellence Program
The Regional Construction Group is an approved provider of the WSIB's Health & Safety Excellence Program and former Safety Group sponsor.
What is Excellence?
What is Excellence?
WSIB's Health & Safety Excellence is a voluntary incentive program that recognizes employers for their efforts to improve their health and safety performance. Program features include:
- employers can choose to work on 1 to 5 health & safety topics in a 12 month period
- topics are selected based on the needs and risks most relevant to your company
- registration is open year-round with program orientations provided as needed
- financial and non-financial recognition based on your firm's individual performance
- alignment with Certificate of Recognition (COR)
Why Should Your Company Participate?
- Earn INDIVIDUAL account rebates and reduce injuries in the workplace
- Improve your health and safety culture
- Receive support and assistance from Safety Specialists
- Networking opportunities with your Instant Health & Safety Network
- FINANCIAL INCENTIVE - Minimum financial incentive of $1,000 per completed health and safety topic up to a maximum of $50,000 per topic (based on your predictability 1.2% or 2% of your paid WSIB premiums)
- NON-FINANCIAL INCENTIVE - an Excellence program participation badge will be visible in COMPASS
- Validation preparation assistance
- Work towards COR certification
- Potentially improve your firm's WSBI rating
Why the Regional Construction Group?
The Regional Construction Group has been helping companies build health and safey into their management systems since 2000 when we became one of the orginal sponsors of the Safety Groups proram in partnership with the WSIB. We have extensive experience working with the WSIB and were involved in the consultations that developed the Excellence Program. Our supportive, personal approach has helped our members improve their health and safety performance while earning rebates to help pay for them.
In 2021 the RCG is pleased to offer members the following schedule. One on one assistance is available any time.
- Four virtual meetings per year reviewing program requirements in detail along with presentations on topics of industry interest
- Six working sessions (one-on-ones) to support and assist members with their company topics and submissions to WSIB
- Support and assistance on selected topics from Safety Specialists
- Networking and peer support opportunities
- Phone and email support and assistance via working sessions to review company specific topics and submission preparations
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
Participation in the Regional Construction Group is available to members of the Hamilton Halton and Toronto Construction Associations.
- WSIB account in good standing
- Maintain membership in HHCA or Toronto Construction Association
- Schedule 1 firm working in construction or manufacturing
- Attend one orientation session
The fee to participate in the Regional Construction Group (RCG) is $795 + HST per 12-month period. This fee applies to HHCA/TCA/RESCON members only.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for non-member pricing.
REGISTRATION IS ALWAYS OPEN