Become a Member
Click here to apply for membership in the HHCA and take advantage of our many resources and services.
Click here to search for HHCA Members or for Members by trade category.
CCA & CCDC Documents
Click here to order CCA and CCDC documents and seals.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest news and information
Microsoft Project for Construction
Tuesday Aug 03, 2021
From 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Registration deadline: Tuesday Jul 27, 2021.
4 Instructor-Led Webinars (Scheduling, Resource, Trade Tracking and Cost Control). When registering for this, you are registering for all four parts.
Successful completion of all 4 webinars is worth 2 Gold Seal Credits.
Part 1 – August 3
Part 2 – August 4
Part 3 – August 10
Part 4 – August 11
Fee for all 4 webinars: $800+HST, Non-Members: $900+HST
PART 1: Scheduling
By the end of the workshop, you will be well-versed in using Microsoft Project for scheduling. You will be able to provide valuable advice and accurately present information to your clients.
• Create a basic project plan including Work Breakdown Schedule and dependencies
• Incorporate Milestones and Significant dates
• Identify/Manage the Critical Path
• Incorporate Job Deadlines
• Identify slack and project float
• Create an ‘Early Start’ and ‘Early Finish’ Schedule
• Create a ‘Late Start’ and ‘Late Finish’ Schedule
• Create a basic Impact Analysis using the Network Diagram
• Add a tolerance to the Critical Path
• Create a Trade Tracking Resource Schedule
• Incorporate changes to the Project Start Date.
PART 2: Resources
This instructor-led webinar has been specifically designed to provide the Construction Professional with industry-best-practice on how to use Microsoft Project for Trade Tracking and Resource Management.
• Create work assignments to trades, employees, subcontractors.
• Add costing and availability information.
• Incorporate the work quantities from estimates.
• Assign and manage overtime at overtime rates.
• Re-distribute and re-assign actual work.
• Resolve over allocated personnel, equipment issues. Adjust individual workloads.
• Share heavy equipment or specialized personnel over multiple projects and monitor availability.
• Assign Saturday or off hours work by trade or task
• Monitor resources by tasks, work completion rates, availability, costs, projects li>
PART 3: Trade Tracking
This instructor-led webinar has been specifically designed to provide the Construction Professional with industry-best-practice on how to use Microsoft Project for Tracking Changes.
• Update projects and tasks.
• Record actual starts, work durations, finish dates.
• Record a delay and demonstrate the effect of the delay on other tasks.
• Record splits in work.
• Postpone or move work to alternate times.
• Create a 2, 3, or 4 week look ahead.
• Create a delay report.
• Compare actuals to planned dates and costs.
• Re-assign work.
• Accelerate schedules and note the effects on costs and time.
• Compare costs and schedules between projects.
PART 4: Cost Control
This instructor-led webinar has been specifically designed to provide the Construction Professional with industry-best-practice on how to use Microsoft Project for Cost Control.
• Create weekly and monthly cash flow reports
o Including subcontractor pricing
o Including variable cost rates for trades, personnel, and equipment
• Monitor budgeted Costs, Price, Profit Margins, Actual Costs and projected costs.li>
• Identify Project status when ahead or behind schedule and/or over or under budget
• Reassign work and identify effect on costing.
• Reschedule work and identify effect on costs.
• Create cost reports showing weekly performance from a cost perspective.
• Compare costs between projects.